Thursday, October 25, 2007

Traveling water.

The first post on this blog about strange or interesting in this world will be about what I call traveling waters. I travel a lot and take planes on a regular basis. I discovered something very interesting during my recent flights about the water being served on board. We are talking about reducing energy consumption. One of the things we could do is to stop flying. This would help us gain a lot. But there are smaller things which seem a bit crazy to me. During one of my last flights from Europe to Hong Kong, I got water bottled in China (means that the USD1 bottle traveled twice on an intercontinental flight for nothing). On my flight back from Singapore to Europe, I of course got Evian water, bottled in France. Same issue. And during my last flight to Asia, I asked a can of Coke. The can was made in Mexico ! That can almost did a trip around the world. There must be thousands of such examples. Maybe we (the human race) could think of the really unnecessary things we do, before even addressing the half-unnecessary things we do for the fun...

No comments: