Monday, April 21, 2008

Cans Poka Yoke

I found a can with an old design during one of my recent travels... this has been modified for a long time in most countries so that when you open a can, you cannot get cut with the seperate metal pull tab anymore.


Old bad design found in Hong Kong



The recent classical design

There is another problem, in the new design the tab is moving inside the can and comes in contact with the beverage, a potential hygiene/safety issue because the cans are not that clean... I found an example in Italy where they have a solution for this:

4 comments:

Freda said...

Is is possible to use one of your your poka yoke images on my website which shows some of the lean practices? Thank you.

Unknown said...

No problem with that if you mention the source (+link) and that you also indicate on which site the pictures will appear.

Anonymous said...

Hy Gugs!
My question is, what is the exact solution with the Pepsi can from Italy? My guess is that you just peel of the outside celophane from the can, but I can't get it exact from the picture?
Thank you, regards

Unknown said...

Yes indeed, you first have to peel off the aluminium foil placed on the can, which brings you back to the previous design.